Most people dream of installing brand new, stunning bespoke kitchens Sussex or bathrooms just like a spa – a place where they can relax, treat themselves and forget about any problems. Although it is a dream for many, it isn’t actually that difficult to turn your bathroom into a spa-like environment. Here are some tips on how to create the spa bathroom of your dreams…
- Materials – spas usually use natural materials as they are more rustic and relaxing. Wood can be installed on the floors, panels, vanity and accessories such as mirrors. Other ideas include granite floor and wall tiles, or bamboo flooring.
- Colours – cool colours are best to create a calm atmosphere in a bathroom, so use shades such as white, grey and blue to encourage relaxation and offer a clean effect.
- Lighting – a spa-like bathroom should have the right amount of light that isn’t too bright or dark. Dimmer switches and layered lighting are best, so there is the option of low light when you are soaking in the tub, but also brighter light for putting on makeup.
- Music – use soothing music and sounds to create a relaxing atmosphere. This can be done with a wireless speaker or using an extra wire into the bathroom from your home’s sound system.
- Smells – aromatherapy can have a healing effect, so use mildly scented bath oils, candles, diffusers and incense to bring relaxing smells to the room.